COVID-19 - Updates
Updated: 15/05/2020 - RE-OPENING UPDATE
We hope that all our patients are safe and well. Thank you for your ongoing understanding during these difficult times.
Based on the latest government guidelines and having consulted with our professional bodies, we are now in a position to plan re-opening our clinic from Saturday 4th July 2020 (subject to government guidelines).
To ensure that we re-open safely we will be implementing the following changes:
- Patients who have ongoing treatments or cancelled appointments will be given priority when booking appointments. In the coming weeks we will be in touch to rebook. There is a possibility that any re-bookings may have to be re-scheduled if we are unable to re-open from Saturday 4th July 2020.
- We will attempt to book new appointments as soon as we can, so please bear with us.
- We will be booking longer appointments to minimise contact and therefore there will be fewer appointment slots available.
- Some treatments may not be available initially, but we plan to introduce and increase availability going forward, based on clinical and government guidelines.
- We will be using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- We will be applying strict social distancing within the clinic premises.
- Additional recent medical history will be requested.
- We will be going over and beyond our high hygienic standards to ensure infection control and safety.
- Video consultations are still available for those patients who do not wish to attend the clinic in person.
- Skincare can be purchased from our new online shop which can be visited here
We hope that the measures we have detailed will enable us to resume some continuity. However this is always subject to government and professional body guidance. We may have to adapt and change our procedures based on updated advice.
If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for understanding and patience. Our passionate and committed team can’t wait to see you again soon and get back to some normality.
Keep safe and well and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr Sobia Syed
Updated: 13/04/2020 - Update & Skin Care
We hope you are safe and well and would like to take this opportunity to reinforce the message to stay home, and to stay safe and strictly follow all government advice.
We would like to thank all key workers and NHS staff. As frontline workers in the NHS Dr Sobia & the team fully understand how difficult times are at the moment. We appreciate everything you are doing for your community.
Meanwhile, Dr Sobia continues to work at her GP Surgery since we closed. Similarly some of our staff have been working tirelessly with the NHS, supporting their GP practices.
We would like to remind patients that Skincare products can still be purchased from us and these will be delivered directly to your home.
Simply call us on 01200 760525 or email us on email@example.com and we will advise.
Also if you have any skin concerns or require advice, you may book in for a free video consultation.
We would also like to apologise for any inconvenience and disruption caused if you’ve had an appointment cancelled. However we will notify you as soon as it is possible to re-open safely and responsibly. Thank you for you patience and support.
Updated: 23/03/2020 - Clinic Closed
It is with a heavy heart that I would like to inform you that we are left with no option but to close our clinic until further notice.
The health & safety of patients and our team is our number one priority. We have been closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the goal is clear, we must as a society, slow and stop the spread of the virus and protect the NHS from being overwhelmed.
Closing the clinic is the responsible thing to do to comply with social distancing guidelines. As a GP, I will now fully focus on working with the NHS at my GP Surgery in Pendle, where I will be in the frontline supporting my practice and patients through this crisis.
We will be opening again as soon as it is possible. If any of you have appointments scheduled please do not worry, as we will get in touch with you as soon as we re-open. We are conscious that some patients are partway through courses of treatments and we will advise you when we re-open.
May I take this opportunity to thank all our patients, partners, friends and hard working staff who have been very understanding and supported us during this difficult period.
Look out for updates and important information via our social media and email.
Please keep yourselves and the vulnerable safe and follow the advice given by the government. We hope we can welcoming you back very soon.
Dr Sobia Syed
It is vital that everyone takes steps to absolutely follow government advice on social distancing, hand washing and self – isolating if any symptoms, if suffering from chronic health conditions and if over 70. The goal is clear, we must as a society, slow the spread of the virus and protect the NHS from being overwhelmed.
In these times of great uncertainty, we need to ensure we do the right thing for everyone. We have had to make important necessary changes to our practice and we thank you for your support and understanding whilst we work through this unprecedented time.
The team at CAREFORSKIN wish to assure you that all measures to ensure we continue to provide a safe environment for your treatments will be taken.
- Beyond the routine infection control measures we take as a matter of policy, staff will be extending disinfection to frequently touched surfaces which will be wiped down with alcohol or bleach between patients.
- All visitors will be offered an opportunity to wash hands and an application of alcohol hand gel on arrival and departure.
- If you are feeling unwell or if you have been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms, we ask that you don’t hesitate to reschedule your appointment until you are better.
- Staff who feel unwell will also stay at home, so we ask for your understanding if this causes any inconvenience to you.
- Our staff may be wearing face masks or other personal protective equipment during your treatment, this is just a precautionary measure to keep patients and staff well and you do not need to be alarmed!
- Appointments will be scheduled to minimise the number of patients in the waiting room and we ask that you avoid bringing friends and family along, unless absolutely necessary.
- Appointments via video call will be offered to new patients who would like to discuss treatment options and to existing patients that need advice or a review following treatment. Please contact the clinic for further information.
- Most products used at the clinic are sterile and single use so you will be protected if you do proceed with treatment.
- We are constantly reviewing and following the advice from Government and NHS England and will keep everyone informed via our website and social media if the situation changes.
Aside from the above, we will be continuing to practice as usual and we would like to thank you for your support.
Of course, we will be monitoring advice from authorities and will advise of any further measures we need to take. If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to speak to us.
Current Department of Health advice is here: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-1
Dr Sobia Syed
The health & safety of patients and our team is our number one priority. We have been closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As a medical clinic, we have reviewed our health and safety and infection control policies to ensure they are compliant with the advice given by the NHS and Public Health England with regards to the spread and containment of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Patients experiencing any symptoms such as a temperature, cough, cold, runny nose sore throat, shortness of breath etc, or feeling unwell must cancel their appointment. Please get in touch.
We are also requesting all visiting our clinic to use the special hand sanitisation gel and we will be looking to minimise contact. We already have very high cleaning and infection control standards, but have introduced additional special measures to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
Keep Up to Date
For the latest advice from the NHS please visit their website here
For the latest advice from Public Health England, please visit their website here
For the latest Government advise, please visit their website here
Dial 111 for help and advice if you are worried or concerned.
Your safety is our number one priority and we will continue to monitor and make changes to our procedures if required.
Dr Sobia Syed