Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Important Information
Updated: 23/03/2020 - Clinic Closed
It is with a heavy heart that I would like to inform you that we are left with no option but to close our clinic until further notice.
The health & safety of patients and our team is our number one priority. We have been closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the goal is clear, we must as a society, slow and stop the spread of the virus and protect the NHS from being overwhelmed.
Closing the clinic is the responsible thing to do to comply with social distancing guidelines. As a GP, I will now fully focus on working with the NHS at my GP Surgery in Pendle, where I will be in the frontline supporting my practice and patients through this crisis.
We will be opening again as soon as it is possible. If any of you have appointments scheduled please do not worry, as we will get in touch with you as soon as we re-open. We are conscious that some patients are partway through courses of treatments and we will advise you when we re-open.
May I take this opportunity to thank all our patients, partners, friends and hard working staff who have been very understanding and supported us during this difficult period.
Look out for updates and important information via our social media and email.
Please keep yourselves and the vulnerable safe and follow the advice given by the government. We hope we can welcoming you back very soon.
Dr Sobia Syed
It is vital that everyone takes steps to absolutely follow government advice on social distancing, hand washing and self – isolating if any symptoms, if suffering from chronic health conditions and if over 70. The goal is clear, we must as a society, slow the spread of the virus and protect the NHS from being overwhelmed.
In these times of great uncertainty, we need to ensure we do the right thing for everyone. We have had to make important necessary changes to our practice and we thank you for your support and understanding whilst we work through this unprecedented time.
The team at CAREFORSKIN wish to assure you that all measures to ensure we continue to provide a safe environment for your treatments will be taken.
- Beyond the routine infection control measures we take as a matter of policy, staff will be extending disinfection to frequently touched surfaces which will be wiped down with alcohol or bleach between patients.
- All visitors will be offered an opportunity to wash hands and an application of alcohol hand gel on arrival and departure.
- If you are feeling unwell or if you have been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms, we ask that you don’t hesitate to reschedule your appointment until you are better.
- Staff who feel unwell will also stay at home, so we ask for your understanding if this causes any inconvenience to you.
- Our staff may be wearing face masks or other personal protective equipment during your treatment, this is just a precautionary measure to keep patients and staff well and you do not need to be alarmed!
- Appointments will be scheduled to minimise the number of patients in the waiting room and we ask that you avoid bringing friends and family along, unless absolutely necessary.
- Appointments via video call will be offered to new patients who would like to discuss treatment options and to existing patients that need advice or a review following treatment. Please contact the clinic for further information.
- Most products used at the clinic are sterile and single use so you will be protected if you do proceed with treatment.
- We are constantly reviewing and following the advice from Government and NHS England and will keep everyone informed via our website and social media if the situation changes.
Aside from the above, we will be continuing to practice as usual and we would like to thank you for your support.
Of course, we will be monitoring advice from authorities and will advise of any further measures we need to take. If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to speak to us.
Current Department of Health advice is here: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-1
Dr Sobia Syed
The health & safety of patients and our team is our number one priority. We have been closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As a medical clinic, we have reviewed our health and safety and infection control policies to ensure they are compliant with the advice given by the NHS and Public Health England with regards to the spread and containment of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Patients experiencing any symptoms such as a temperature, cough, cold, runny nose sore throat, shortness of breath etc, or feeling unwell must cancel their appointment. Please get in touch.
We are also requesting all visiting our clinic to use the special hand sanitisation gel and we will be looking to minimise contact. We already have very high cleaning and infection control standards, but have introduced additional special measures to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
Keep Up to Date
For the latest advice from the NHS please visit their website here
For the latest advice from Public Health England, please visit their website here
For the latest Government advise, please visit their website here
Dial 111 for help and advice if you are worried or concerned.
Your safety is our number one priority and we will continue to monitor and make changes to our procedures if required.
Dr Sobia Syed